Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hmm...

I was sitting and thinking last night in Sean's room, and I got to wondering. How do other people see the world? I don't mean that in a really deep sense; after all, it was nearly 11 o'clock. I mean in a physical sense. When I look at grass and see that it is green, do other people see the same color that I see? Or is it different, but is green to them, because that is what we are taught? That seems like a really interesting thought to me, because it would affect all kinds of things. Maybe that is why artists paint things so many different ways. That just see the colors differently. And this idea could go for shapes, or for sounds, or for smells. Really, I guess my question is just, What is the world like for you?

So seriously, who lays around at night and thinks about stuff like this? I mean, I can use my sociological imagination and see the world through the perspective of others, but I only see the social world that way. How do you figure out what looks good, smells good, tastes good, sounds good, to other people? It's such a personal thing, but something that we all share as well.

0 comments: