Just in case I never say it, I hate sitting in the office. I get bored. Especially on nights when I don't have any homework. I don't have cell service, so I can't really talk or text anyone. Granted, a few people have come down and talked to me, but never for very long.
I'm not meant to sit in an office. That's what I'm so excited about being in law enforcement. It's a field that I've always wanted to go into, for several reasons. First, I'm a daddy's girl. I can admit it. I'm ok with it. Second, I've always had a desire to work in the world. I see things that are wrong, and while I know I single-handedly can't fix them, I can help protect. Protect and Serve--how cliched is that? Finally, I just have to be out. I can't sit and thrive. Even classes get hard for me if they just consist of lectures. I need to be around people. That's why I realized that I couldn't be a lawyer. I wouldn't be happy if I just sat in an office most of the day.
It's hard to believe that I'm less than a year away from graduating now. Maybe one day, I can reflect back on what it was like when I first came to college. But that's for another day.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Duty night...
Posted by Liz at 10:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment