Monday, January 21, 2008

Life...

I was talking to Emily earlier this afternoon, and was telling her some of mine and Sean's plan for forever. It's funny to me how so many of my friends that dated in high school pretty seriously have all ended those relationships. Instead, I'm the one talking about getting married, and looking so forward to it. Every day brings me that much closer to forever with him. We're shooting for sometime in 2009 after he graduates and takes the Nursing exam so that he can be an RN. So probably around July-September. We're serious about it though. It's hard to believe that this time 2 years ago, we were just friends and I kind of liked his friend. I couldn't imagine my life without him now. He's such an awesome man!

But the point of this is that we both want kids. We've talked about names, we've talked about when we want to have them. And even though we both want to have our own kids, we've talked some about adopting too. I feel that I should have a child from a Latin American country. I love the idea of having a child that is of Hispanic descent. I honestly don't want to have studied so much about these fantastic countries just to use some street Spanish when I'm out working. And there are so many children that need homes. Not that I'm saying that I feel sorry for them in any way or anything, but I just feel like I can provide the home for these kids. Even if Sean does tell me that I can't only speak Spanish to them; they have to learn English too.

So what do we do? I mean, it's all just a dream right now. I can't wait to see where life takes us, and what plans God has in store for us and our future family.

0 comments: