Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sick

I've gotten a lovely cold. It's wonderful. I woke up on Tuesday with a sore throat, and it's just kept going since then. At least today I'm just stuffy, and not feverish like yesterday. That was miserable.

Sean's family came up yesterday and gave us a giftcard for a wedding present. All total, they collected $600. There's $500 on the card and $100 in cash. In all honesty, I think I'm happier with that than if it had been a lot of stuff. We've got plenty already.

I still need to sort through stuff from the church shower. There were a lot of doubles on stuff like 4-sided cheese graters. We also received 10 or so can openers. I have a feeling I'll be in the customer service line at Wal-mart for a long time.

We also have to start looking for a new place to live. Sean's landlords have already found someone to rent his place to, so we have to be out by February 28. But since that's the day of the wedding, we need to be out the week before at least. It's going to be tight. So we'll be making phone calls today to try and find something. If we can't, we have a last resort option which may save us some money, but it's not our first choice. I'm not putting that idea out there though unless it happens.

There's just so much to do in the next few weeks, and I still have to find a job. Of course, we need to find a place first. If we find something that isn't in Asheville, then I don't want a job here. I want to find something close to wherever we wind up living, so that only one of us has the long commute. Ugh.

0 comments: