Thursday, August 14, 2008

I should be in bed right now...

...since I'm facing a 22 hour day tomorrow. And that's just working. I have to be in the lobby to set up at 6:30 am, and I get off at 2 am. Granted, I won't be in the lobby the whole time, but I'll still be up doing stuff. I'm really hoping to sneak a nap in at some point, because otherwise I won't be functional on Saturday. And I'm most definitely NOT going for a run tomorrow. Saturday, maybe. Actually, definitely. Tomorrow, no way.

Anyway, this post is really about my new life quote. For some background (just in case anyone actually reads this stuff), the football team at Western has been notoriously bad for some time. The team has very low morale, as a result. In December, we got a new head coach, and subsequently an all-new coaching staff. They've taken the team from 83 members to 65. This is because of my quote.

Dennis Wagner, the head coach, spoke at the campus leaders' dinner last night. He told us that many of those that are no longer on the team said that they couldn't do something. He then said:

We don't say "I CAN'T". We say "I CHOOSE NOT TO."

I've decided to live by this from now on. I can do anything that I set my mind to. Obviously, if I physically can't do it, then I just have something to work towards. I'm guilty of choosing not to do things. All the time. But I'm working on it. I'm choosing to try new things. To push myself to new limits. To better myself.


And in other news, I'm over halfway to my August goals for miles running/walking. And this time, more of it is being run than walked!

0 comments: