I totally should be straightening up my room right now. The floor is fine, but there are water bottles sitting on everything. Sean's been hanging out down here a lot since my room is larger and cooler than his, so I'm producing twice the trash that I'm used to having.
I've really loved spending this last week with him and just being around him. Honestly, we need this summer. We need all this time before he moves to Asheville and sales his soul back to the nursing program for the last year (well, until he's starts grad school). And I kick it into high gear with the whole, "let's finish school and find a job and find a place to live and oh crap I'm a grown-up now" part of life. In all seriousness, it's just nice to be able to relax with him. To eat every meal together and talk and plan and just be. There's no stress right now. This is probably the only time life will ever be like that, so I'm taking advantage of it.
In other news, John graduates tomorrow. Really. I feel old. I know I'm not that much older than him, but it doesn't seem like my (not so) little brother should be getting ready to go to college. For that matter, it doesn't seem like I should be graduating. And yet, I'm ready. I'm ready for life, and for being settled somewhere and not living in a cubicle and out of boxes.
Finally, nothing new with the wedding plans. Frankly, I just want to enjoy myself right now. I did decide to keep looking for the perfect dress. And try somewhere else, just to get a feel for what all is out there. But I'll kick it into high gear soon. I promise. Just not yet. I'm just enjoying this whole relaxing thing for a little bit longer.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Posted by Liz at 3:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment