Monday, May 26, 2008

Getting back on track...

...literally.

I've been slacking off on the whole running thing. It's just so hard to convince myself that I should get up off my butt and just do it. And the sad thing is, it's really not all that hard for me to do. And I enjoy it while I'm doing it. And the awake feeling I have after I get done. I just lack motivation.

But this morning, I got up and did a mile. I know, I know, it's not very impressive. And I'm sure I could have done another one. But I was pleased that I got up and did it. And I feel pretty good now. I need to go do a little more re-hydrating, but other than that, I'm good. Plus, I won't feel bad about going out to lunch now, since I've been active.

That's one of the hardest things about being at home. I just want to sit on my butt and do nothing. Granted, Saturday I did walk about five miles at the zoo, but it wasn't a hard walk or anything. More like a stroll. But I feel better when I'm active, and not just laying around.

So that's my goal. If I can just hold onto this feeling, I'll be in good shape. It's just a hard one to hold onto. It's not the easy thing to do, this being active. It doesn't come naturally to me. I've been socialized to be the artsy person, not the runner. But I'm changing. Or at least I'm trying. Now, I just have to do it again tomorrow.

0 comments: