As a Criminal Justice and Sociology double major, graduate school is a must for me. I have a love of learning that I could not imagine stifling by stopping my education after college. That being said, I do plan to take a few years off in order to get some job experience. Also, I will be getting married in a little over a year, and thus will be concentrating on living life as a recent college graduate, new police officer, and wife.
Because of my impending marriage, choices for graduate programs will be limited. I will be in less of a position to pack up my life and move to a different city or state for a period of time. More than likely, I will be living in
Economically, price is less a consideration than location is. Because my fiancé is a nursing student, he is essentially guaranteed a job. His plan is to work at Memorial Mission in
As for selecting a school, I am willing to do the work. Even as an under-grad student, I have consistently challenged myself, and will be completing two majors and a minor in three and a half years. Work loads do not scare me. My hardest problem is selecting a program to enter. I have been debating between Criminal Justice, Sociology, and Public Administration with a concentration in Criminal Justice.
Because of all these considerations, I feel that
Having classes offered in
Also, because I will already have experience in public service, I will not be required to complete the six credit hour internship. Instead, I will only have to take an additional elective course. The fact that the program only requires 36 hours is also nice. It can easily be completed in three or four semesters, which would be right around two years. This would keep me on track for the life planning my fiancé and I have been doing.
All in all, I believe that Western’s program is the best fit for me, because of the small classes sizes, and especially the location. Until I was proposed to, I never thought about the effect that marriage would have on my life plans. Despite that, I could not imagine doing things in any different order. But just in case something happens, I would be interested in the Criminal Justice masters at Appalachian State University, as well as the Criminal Justice program at

0 comments:
Post a Comment