Monday, March 22, 2010

How I've become a lump

It's true. I've become a lump. A big lump on the couch. I go to work. I drive home, eat supper, watch some Law and Order, and go to bed. It's almost 8:45 right now, and my eyes are watering I'm so tired. I want to run. I want to work in the yard. I want to not be so flipping exhausted all the time.

I'm feeling whiny. I just want to curl up on my mattress (that's in the living room until we get the floor replaced in our bedroom this weekend) with my cats and sleep. But that won't happen. No way. My cats are now on Sean's schedule, and want to be up all night. I got jumped on the other night. Sam landed on my face, in all of his 11 pound glory. He's currently sliding across the floor, because we Pledged it.

Complaining aside, I'm so grateful to be where I am. I go Friday to the doctor and should hopefully hear Dot's heartbeat for the first time. I've got no reason to think there's anything wrong, but I'll still feel better once I hear it. Now, if only I could convince him/her that I really do prefer to eat and keep it all down.

And one day soon, I'll start walking/running again. I'm feeling miserably lazy, which is contributing to my lump status. But the treadmill doesn't sound fun, and it's finally getting to the point that it's daylight when I get home. Or I could workout during my lunch break (instead of catnapping in my office floor).

Ok, I'm going to bed now. I can get 9 hours of sleep if I lay down now! That should get me through tomorrow!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I totally remember those days. It will get better, just remember that. Hopefully you will be able to hear your LO's heartbeat. That is the coolest thing in the world. It never gets old.

Unknown said...

Wow! Congrats :-) I'll bet you have a million adorable knitting projects floating through your mind. I hope you post some!! I'm not really blogging anymore, but I have your blog in my google reader and I couldn't resist commenting when I saw this!! Take Care and catch those extra Zzzzzs- you deserve them (and so does baby)
~Mel (from The Running Yogini)

Jessica said...

It will get better!!! Just like Cheryl said. I hope you can eat stuff soon!! take advantage of this time and rest. and I hope you were able to hear the heartbeat, it's the most amazing thing ever.

mamatotwoboys said...

Aww I felt like this with my second pregnancy-yuck! I promise it gets better and it's 100% worth it in the end!

ps-I clicked on your blog from the expecting club!