Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My life is a comedy of errors

I see that I never made a list of all the things that went wrong around here. Or maybe I did, and I just can't find it now. That would be my luck.

(I just went and checked. It's not posted here, but I remember typing it somewhere. Oh well.)


Anyway, a couple weeks ago, everything fell apart. How so, you ask? It started on Saturday. Our washing machine was being all screwy and decided that it would just keep filling with water. Luckily, we caught it this time BEFORE it flooded the laundry room and kitchen.

No problem though; we'll just go to the laundromat and wash clothes, and bring them home to dry. Great plan. So Sunday, Sean and I load up the trunk of my car and get in. And...nothing. It won't turn over. So get the clothes out and take Sean's car.

This isn't going to be a problem until Wednesday when Sean has to be at the hospital at 6:40p. I get home at 6:15p. So what's the problem? I have to leave for work by 7:00a and he won't be home until 7:45a. Uh oh.

Ok, we need a truck or SUV to haul dry-wall and lumber anyway, let's just go buy a new car Monday night. All of our problems are solved! (Except we still don't have a working washing machine or car).

On to Tuesday! Time to unload the dishwasher. Wait...why are all the dishes still dirty? Did I forget to turn it on? No biggie. I'll just start it now. *Hour passes* Wait...why are all the dishes still dirty? And why is water puddled up. Crap. Now the dishwasher has water issues.

(Remember that at one point, we had no water in the house. Now we have TOO MUCH!)

Ok, handwash all the dishes. Run an empty cycle...yay! It seems to have fixed it! That was easy! (I'm still waiting on the stupid thing to go crazy again.)

So Sean's dad came up that weekend and they fixed my car (clogged fuel filter and cracked battery terminal. Total fix: $30. + the new car.) And then they rigged the washing machine so it's not flooding right now. I just have to watch it like a hawk. Whatever. At least I can wash clothes at home.

What will be next? I'm certain that something else will go wrong soon. And I might not be able to laugh about it at first, but I will eventually!

0 comments: