This is going to sound like a rant, but it's not really. It's just something that kind of bugs me.
It's Saturday night, and I'm at home doing laundry and cleaning up the kitchen. I'm ok with it; Sean's at work, so it's not like I'm going to go out on the town by myself. And anyway, it's nearly 11 pm. What is there to do in November in the mountains this time of night?
I was talking to a friend a few minutes ago, and he told me that he had just come in from the movies, and he couldn't believe I was doing housework stuff. His exact words were, "that kind of sucks."
Ok, so it's not fun. But it's part of growing up. This guy has a college degree, but is working a few hours a week for his uncle and living at home. He has no plans to move out, because his parents pay for everything.
I may be wrong, but there comes a point when it's time to move on. Sometimes you just have to put on your big-kid pants and deal with the stuff that isn't all that fun. Sometimes you have to take care of yourself. Life is about more than drinking beer, playing video games, and staying up all night.
And now, I need to go fold clothes and get the cat hair off the couch. I wouldn't trade my life for anything!

0 comments:
Post a Comment