Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What a run!

I'm at Sean's for a couple days, so I decided to go for a nice run out the road yesterday. It's about a mile and a half to the stoplight right before the campus where he has class, so I timed it so that I could run to campus, and then he could bring me back.

It was a wonderful run. I was in a long sleeve tech shirt and a skirt, and I even got a little warm. The whole time, I had a clear head. For me, that's a big deal. I always have some kind of thought running through my head, but not this time. My feet kept going, but I didn't have to focus on anything except getting over when cars would come by.

All in all, I kept a pretty decent pace. I'm normally a 10:40 pace kind of girl, but I did 1.5 miles in 14 minutes. That comes out to about a 9:40 pace. And I didn't even feel like I was running hard. Granted, the last half mile was a slight downhill, but nothing too crazy. Even for the small uphills, I would be at the top before I even knew what was going on.

It was a "deer" moment for me. I felt fast, and good, and like a real runner. I loved being outside. I loved the motion. I loved that I wasn't thinking about the job search. I was just running. And it was good.
writing

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those deer moments :) Most of the time I feel more like a camel, but the occasional deer moment is priceless!!