Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Being at school during the summer is tough. It's super hard to stay motivated to do anything when it's pretty outside, and when you really just want to take a break. Instead, I've been spending most of my time locked up in my room, in the filtered air. I've even started keeping the shades closed so that I can't see outside. It's been a bad summer for my skin. I got all my breakouts under control, and then it flared again. But this time, one of the worst spots was on my eyelid. Do you know how hard it is to go out in public when your eyelid is swollen, red, and itchy? And then the flaking came.

Anyway, that was gross. New subject. Sean and I have started running together. Even if we aren't talking while we do it, it feels good to have that time with him, and to know that we're helping ourselves just as much while we do it. But I have a problem. I hit a mental block at right at a mile every time. I know that's the problem, because my legs don't hurt, I'm not really breathing all that hard. I just shut down. So for the next week, my goal is to just get over this hurdle. And get new shoes when I go home. Mine are not so good, and it's causing me some pain. Great.

0 comments: