Well, I made it home for a few weeks. I've got right at 2 and a half weeks to hang out. Unfortunately, it looks like most of that time will be spent purging. Somehow, I've managed to accumulate a lot of stuff over the years. I mean, a LOT of stuff. I've got clothes I haven't worn in years, and papers dating back to middle school.
I realized a few weeks ago that, duh, I'm getting married in 14 months. I can't have all this stuff to take with me. I'll be starting a totally new phase of life. Obviously, some things are really important to me and will keep them, but do I really need so much? Do I really need clothes that I'm never going to wear? Do I really need to keep books from middle school? Do I really need to save that random clock I bought, that hasn't worked in years?
No. I know what things I want to keep. All my Cabbage Patch dolls will stay. But they're going into storage boxes that will fit under my bed. They don't need to be on display. I'll keep some books. Gone with the Wind is one that I never want to lose. There are a few clothing items that are sentimental.
But most of this stuff, I don't need. I don't use. I don't really even want. Really. I just need the basics. I don't even live here really. If it's not something that I use at school, then I don't need it here. And then there is all the stuff that I don't really use at school, but that I have there. I need to go through those boxes of things too, before I head back.
So it's going to be a busy couple of weeks. And hopefully, when I get done, I'll be in a much better place, stuff-wise. If it isn't something that I want to take with me when I get married, then I don't need it at all.
Of course, this is all a lot easier said than done. :)
Sunday, May 11, 2008
I'm home!
Posted by Liz at 10:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment