Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Stupid People

I really don't understand why people are so stupid. Last night was one of the worst that I've had to deal with as an RA. Actually, it was many of the same people I've dealt with before, it just seemed to escalate. It all started with Bryant coming to get me to tell me there was vomit on the outside stairs. And of course, there's no clean-up box, so I got to do it with water and disinfectant. Then we sprayed down what we think was a beer spill in the stairwell, and then went to break up a party. Only when they realized it was us, they pretended like no one was there. So we called the cops.

Suffice to say, we found over 10 underage people, and a 14 year old whose parents got a phone call at midnight to come get him. Once that was over, we dealt with some beer poured up and down one hall, torn up bulletin boards, and feces in the stairwell. Yeah, all done by the same people.

I just can't wrap my head around the fact that they would do stuff like that. I would never bring a kid to a party, even if it was my younger brother. I would never refuse a breathalyzer if I hadn't had anything to drink, unless I was lying. I would never cuss at the cops and an RA. It's like respect isn't a part of these people. And frankly, I don't know why anyone would. They didn't help their cases at all by doing that stuff. And then to continue wreaking havoc? Seriously, that was just dumb. Especially because we have witnesses that saw them and described them to us.

I guess the issue is that I was raised better than that. And one would think that people would be more mature since they are in college. But no. Or at least that they would realize that you can't pretend that the room is empty is someone has already cracked the door open. We're not stupid.

All in all, I'm just thankful for showers. That was WAY TOO MUCH crap (no pun intended) for me to deal with, and I felt nasty by the time I finally got done with it all.

0 comments: