Wednesday, April 16, 2008

nothing really to say.

I really don't have much to say. I've got some stuff going on in my head, but I'm not really ready to put it out there in the Internet world until I decide what I want to do with it. Suffice to say, I talked to one of my professors about it, and all the stuff that I have on my plate, and she's helping talk me through it, and telling me to learn to say no. Which I'm working on.

As I sit watching the news tonight, it saddens me that we only hear about the bad things, or about the odd happenings. I don't really care that ball players from Wofford got arrested because they started a brawl when they couldn't get into a frat party. It's just weird that a woman was flashed by a man while she waited for her kid to get off the school bus. It was just luck that the bus was late. Or about the fact that a teenager rode in the trunk of a car to make room for a television. Or that a car that had a kid in the backseat got towed.

Seriously, why can't we hear about the positives? Or about things that are real news? I really don't like watching it. All it does is propagate fears in the general public. It makes me think about the comic "Rex Morgan, M.D." In it right now, there has been an outbreak of MRSA in three teenagers, and one has died. The community is up in arms about it. What they don't realize is that many of them have the Staph virus growing in their noses already. When something gets reported by the media, it gets sensationalized, and the public loses the facts.

I just heard that a guy was arrested for having an alligator in the backseat of his car. He found it on the side of the road.


Anyway, that's really all that's going on here. I'm throwing in a picture of Sean and me from Easter. It's really not that great of him, but I like it of me. There's 1 year and 99 days until we get married. I'm excited!

And here's one of me and John. I can't believe he's going to college this year. It makes me feel old. I still remember his first day of kindergarten.

0 comments: