Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A few things that are currently driving me crazy

1. Getting home and hearing--"Watch out for the wet spot in the floor."
Apparently the bag of trash that should have been taken outside when it was removed from the can (not by me) fell over and leaked in the floor. Bleach was sprayed on it (not by me). Said bleach and trash juice was NOT cleaned up (I guess that's my job). Said trash bag was propped back up and NOT taken out (guess that's my job too).
It should be noted that we've discussed in the past the fact that I shouldn't have to take out the trash.

2. "If I get the wood frame built for the rock wall, the carpet ripped up, and the walls ready for painting in the nursery, then I think I'll have earned my TV."
Said TV is valued at 50% more than the original plan. When I asked what I get for getting the walls painted, keeping the house clean, cooking, etc., I was told "a dishwasher." Because that's obviously the same thing as a TV. Keep in mind my laptop died six months ago, but that's not really even been considered.

3. The litter box.
I've given up and been cleaning it some myself (don't worry, I wear gloves). It's starting to smell. I went to clean it yesterday and was told that it could wait several days, that it would be taken care of. Ummm...still stinks.

So now I'm going to go carry the trash out, load my half-functioning dishwasher, and clean the living room. Lovely. Oh, and let's not forget cleaning up the bleach puddle that's RIGHT IN THE WALKWAY TO THE KITCHEN!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Oh the joys of marriage! That's why the next book on my list to read is "When Sinners Say I Do." I've heard good things about it!

Anonymous said...

*~*Hugs*~* I TOTALLY understand. I have my own list. Honestly, my strategy has been to start doing the things hubby doesn't do that bug me the most (I don't even ask him about them anymore) and stop doing some of my other tasks instead. That way I never have to wait and wait and wait. For me all this is the HARDEST part of being married- no joke...living together is tough for some of us :-( And its been almost 7 years!! My new thing is being zen about it and just doing it myself. I'm a little tired, but its going pretty good and hubby has been noticing and pitching in more w/out being asked- yay for small victories :-) Take care mama to be!

Liz said...

Erin--I'll have to check that book out! Sounds interesting.

Mel--I normally do. The problem was that the 1 and 3 issues he fusses if I mess with (cat litter and bleach fumes). He assures me it will all be taken care of when I get home. I did take the trash out. The 2nd, well, I've cleaned the room out of everything except his tools, because I can't actually lift some of them (massive saw, air compressor, etc).

As for the TV for him, dishwasher for me, he just doesn't know better. His mom hates ironing, but he wanted to get her a new iron one year for her birthday, because her's was bad. LOL