Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Need some advice

Sean's in Canada for the week, and so I'm going to paint our front room. He's told me that he doesn't care what color I use, so it's up to me.

The room has big windows, and we're installing a cast-iron woodstove. I'm leaning towards a burnt orange color, but I'm not sure if I want the whole room to be one color, or if I want to paint the wall the stove is against a darker color.

Here's a picture of the room before we got rid of the paneling and the ugly red door. Now the door is white and has a glass cutout with a cast-iron inset.
The next picture is the two colors I'm considering, along with the woodstove. Should I do the whole room in one color (and if so, which one), or should I do three walls with the lighter orange and the use the darker color for behind the stove? (And sorry about how blurry the picture is; I took it with my phone.)

Thanks for the help!!

5 comments:

Devin said...

I love the darker color -- which is weird because usually I like lighter colors. Something about that second color and the wood tones and the cast iron stove though ... I think the second color would look great!

Jessica said...

I like both of them. and I am a big fan of accent walls.I think you could get away with the darker color since it looks like the windows will add a TON of light. I would say paint the three walls the lighter color and the last wall the darker color :) Good luck deciding.

Liz said...

Thanks for the feedback! I've got paint on three walls now (the fourth has the window, and we're planning to rip it out and replace it soon). I'll get the final coat done tonight!

Unknown said...

Hey Liz. Can I e-mail you?? I might be moving to your neck of the woods and I wanted to ask you a few questions that I'm having trouble finding. You can e-mail me back, leave a comment here, or leave me a comment here: http://therunningyogini.wordpress.com/ Thanks!!

Liz said...

Sure! My email is elizabeth.caveny@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!