I want to run a marathon. I know that I'll never be fast enough to run Boston (well, maybe?). And yet, I think I could kick out 26.2 miles. Obviously not tomorrow, and probably not this year. But it's doable. And there's no reason for me NOT to do it. It's time to push. It's time to man up and try. It's time to quit living a life where I just do what is comfortable.
And yes, I know it's weird that I gained this insight from watching people run on my computer screen. But there's something about seeing people cry for finishing third, about seeing people give so much that they collapse at the finish, that's inspiring. It's about ambition, drive. It's about me growing as a person.
For me to grow, I need to run. And I need to run long, and hard. The end.

0 comments:
Post a Comment