After I dropped her back off at the hotel and snuck out the side door since Sean was in the lobby (dad called me to warn me!), I headed home and took a quick shower and to get ready. I then finished packing for the honeymoon and got the car loaded up. In the rain. With no help. Even though there were several people just sitting and watching me. But whatever. I met mom at the church and convinced her to go eat lunch with me and the Smith's. Yum hamburgers and hush puppies! There's nothing better.
As soon as I finished lunch, I went and got my hair done. Nothing crazy with that; just sitting for an hour while all of my hair got curled. And curled. And curled. And then I went to the church to finish getting ready!
I killed some time for a little while, watching the little girls get their hair fixed, and hung out with the girls for a few minutes. Then I got dressed. We all kept joking around. I love my bridesmaids. They really are some of my best friends! The photographer came and snapped some pictures, and then we started lining up. Holy cow! This is it!!
It's really hard to keep 7 men, 3 women, 4 kids, and me and my dad quiet in an enclosed area. Just in case you wondered. Everyone made it down the aisle, and I heard the music change! Everyone stood, and my dad and I started walking. All I wanted was to see was Sean, and I couldn't. And then, we reached the front. There are seriously no words to explain how it felt to lock eyes with my best friend, my life.
The ceremony flew by. I held it together through my vows, much to my surprise. I struggled, but I did it. The hard part was when I noticed that the preacher seemed to be tearing up. He is, after all, like my second father. The only snafu was me forgetting to get my flowers back, and Sean stepping on my dress as we walked out together. Oops. But that didn't matter! We were married!!!
After getting all the pictures done, we headed across the street for our reception. My dad gave a sweet speech that I cried through, and then Sean's dad spoke. After that, it was a whirlwind of cake cutting, some pictures, and trying to speak to as many people as possible. And then they had us walk to our car, even though we weren't actually leaving yet. My brother and his best friend headed up the car decorating; not only was it stuffed full of toilet paper, saran-wrapped, and tagged, but they stuck a MANNEQUIN in it! I was informed that her name was Gertrude and that she was our escort. The joke was on John though; a major winter storm was called for, so we took Sean's mom's 4-wheel drive. My lovely brother got to drive home alone with Gertrude.
And then we left and went on our honeymoon...but that's another story for another time!

0 comments:
Post a Comment