Monday, March 23, 2009

Back in the swing of things

I'm getting back to running. After blowing off about 2.5 weeks or so, I'm back at it. And I'm doing it outside. Now that the weather is getting pretty, I'm refusing to step foot on the treadmill. I hate that thing.

Sean and I have gotten out and explored some, and found a 2 mile trail that connects two parks in town. It's paved, but it goes through the woods. Absolutely wonderful. I'm building my way up to the mileage I'm at on the treadmill, since it's so different being outside. But there's something peaceful about running next to a creek and being among the trees, just counting for breaths, and not thinking about a thing. I love the feeling of having an absolutely clear mind.

I've also started doing my yoga dvd. I love the fact that I can feel my muscles getting worked. I especially love that it focuses on the core and hips, since my right hip gets sore so easily. And I can feel it in my butt. I like to imagine that it will make it a little bigger. Probably not, but a girl can dream, right?

Anyway, I feel better about myself now that I'm out doing something again, and not just sitting around. It's good to find myself getting back my self-esteem. I'm not sure where it went for awhile, but it's out of hiding now. Thank goodness!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting caught up on your blog and reading your posts is making me so nostalgic about when I first got married. Everything is so fun and new! Awwww. I'm so glad you enjoy being a Mrs. :-) Also, I love the new website design you are SO creative!!!