Wow...too long since my last post. A lot has happened, so I'll just bullet it all out. I know that's probably the lame way to blog, but it'll work for now. I hope to get more focused in the near future, and actually have some time and motivation to post.
- Graduation--December 13, 2008. It's official. I managed to complete a BS in Criminal Justice and Sociology with a minor in Spanish in 3.5 years. I worked my butt off (haha...I know, I didn't have one to work off...), but I did it. It meant hard semesters and summer school, but at least I did it.
- I had my first job interview. It was in the admissions office at Western. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Regardless of whether or not I get it, I feel good about it. I know that I gave it my all, and I went in there without any kind of apprehension.
- My great-grandmother died 5 days before Christmas. She was 88 years old, and had lived a good life. Her body just couldn't keep up anymore. There was some family drama surrounding it all, but we all got through it.
- Christmas 2008. My last Christmas single. How crazy to think about. It was good though; it's so fun to watch the younger kids grow up. And for the first time, I got promoted to the adult table. It only took me 21 years to get there!

- New Year's 2009! It's hard to believe another year has passed, and all the changes that have taken place. This time last year, Sean and I were kind of talking about marriage, but we were planning to wait until we were both out of school. Then he proposed in February, and we're getting married in less than 2 months now. Crazy.
- I've managed to read 10 books in the last 3 weeks or so: Serena, The Imposter, The Funhouse, The Replacement, Eyes of Darkness, Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, and Fiesta Moon. Apparently I've been starved for the written word. I love having time to read. It makes me happy inside.
- I'm really focused on running now. I've done 10 miles in the last week, and have never felt better. I can't wait to see the improvements I can make in the next year, as well.

0 comments:
Post a Comment