Sunday, September 14, 2008

Just another night on duty

Uggh...one thing I'm really looking forward to when I graduate is not having weekend duty anymore. I want to be able to go to bed when I'm ready, and not have to worry about getting a phone call in the middle of the night about random crap that's happening.

And yet, I love this job. I love the people that I work with. I love the people that I've met. I love the adrenaline rush I get when I have to handle a situation. I love knowing that I can handle it, and I love that I have back up I can call when I can't.

This has been a stressful week. I've been trying to stay on top of school work, I'm constantly thinking about the wedding and how much still needs to be done, and trying to balance out work and school and friends. I know that I'm just trying to do too much. And yet, I feel that if I had less to do, I would be totally bored.

Much of the problem is that it's just killing me to be so far away from Sean. I could get so much more accomplished if I could just stop daydreaming about him all the time. If we could meet for lunch, I wouldn't be as apt to just sit and mope about how much I miss him.

And it's oh so much. We were talking last night, and I was telling him how lucky I feel to have found forever on the first try. I can honestly say that he's my best friend. There are things that I've trusted him with that no one else will ever know. We've been through some rough times, but we always come out stronger. That sounds really cliched, but it's 100% true.

He has my heart. I'm so excited that in 5.5 months, I'll be Liz Snyder. I'm one lucky girl.




Oh, and here's what I learned to do this week. They aren't quite perfect, but I would say they're pretty close. I'm really lovin' Gimp.

0 comments: