Thursday, January 31, 2008

...

Life. Do we really realize how blessed we all are to have a life, and to be fairly healthy for it? My cousin Claire is having the first of many heart surgeries today. Johnny and Sonia adopted her in November from China. She's a cute little girl who deserves the best, but is just not healthy. She was born with a rare heart defect. If this surgery did not take place, doctors believe she wouldn't make it another year. As it is, the surgery is still risky.

I was thinking about this earlier. I've been really blessed to never have any major health scares. Sure, I've been sick, but never anything truly life threatening. But then, when I look at my family, I see the risk I am at later in life. I have to do something about that. I have to stay healthy, because I have so many things I want to do in life, things that I want to experience. Even if I don't develop some of these issues until later in life, I don't want to be stopped.

I just want to live, and experience all that I can in life!!

0 comments: